Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Note From Katie

I personally want to thank everyone who has helped us through this incredible nightmare of a year. I may have lost a handful of friends, sadly, but I have gained at least 50 more! There were 200 people at the benefit by 8:00pm. The owner said he'd never had so many people in his bar before. 

Besides all of the money raised, which has been unbelievably helpful, I have been sent handmade prayer blankets, dolls, holy water, magic dirt , books, music, cards, food, gift cards and have people praying for me from the Vatican to the Wailing Wall. 

Strange to have brain cancer yet feel like the luckiest girl. And still it continues...my infusion of Avastin is tomorrow (5/28), I take my chemo pill tomorrow and lovely people come to me still wanting to give. 

Thank you all for making my life so full.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment